If you are tired of relying on eyeglasses to see correctly, you should consider getting contact lenses. Our eye doctors at Family Eye Clinic can perform a contact lens exam to fit you with the best pair based on your vision, the health of your eyes, and your lifestyle. If you live in or around Little Rock or North Little Rock, schedule an appointment with one of our optometrists today.
The Benefits of Contact Lenses
There are several ways you can benefit from contacts that are not available from glasses.
- Natural appearance: Contact lenses provide a more natural appearance because you will not have an eyeglass frame on your face.
- No obstructions: Contacts provide better vision than eyeglasses because you will not have an eyeglass frame or dirty lenses obstructing your vision.
- Great for athletes: Contacts are a great option if you are an athlete because sports goggles can be bulky and obstruct your vision.
There are certain conditions of the eye that make wearing conventional contacts difficult or impossible.
- Dry eye syndrome
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis
Additional Contact Lens Options
If you have any of these conditions, there are contact lens options available.
- Gas permeable: These lenses are rigid, and do not absorb moisture from the eyes. Furthermore, protein deposits will not adhere to these lenses the way they do with conventional lenses. They are often prescribed for patients with dry eye, keratoconus, and giant papillary conjunctivitis.
- Toric lenses: These are special lenses designed for patients with astigmatism.
- Bifocal lenses: These lenses contain a prescription for distance and a prescription for close-up vision. They are prescribed for patients with presbyopia.
- Scleral lenses: Conventional lenses rest directly on the cornea. Scleral lenses are different in that they rest on the white portions of the eye. They are often prescribed for patients with dry eye, keratoconus, and giant papillary conjunctivitis.
Contact Family Eye Clinic for Your Contact Lenses
If you are thinking about getting contacts, schedule an appointment at Family Eye Clinic. Our eye doctors treat patients in Little Rock and North Little Rock, AR. We will fit you with a pair of lenses that are comfortable and will help you see clearly. Call our team today at (501) 835-7800 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.